Anavilasam Luxury Plantation House Thekkady
Thekkady (2 Nights)
This package offers acres of quiet luxury on a spice plantation with personalized service in suite rooms and pool villas , private billiard rooms and spacious suites
Aanavilasam (abode of elephants) is set in a 7 acre spice planation near Periyar Tiger reserve in Thekkady by Salim Pushpanath, a well-known photographer. There are four suite rooms and two pool rooms in Anavilasam Luxury Plantation House Thekkady which is in the middle of on 7 acres of private estate.
As a vacation retreat, this luxury homestay gives the sensation of an exotic far away destination without the hassle of traffic and acres of quiet verdant luxury on a spice plantation with personalized service in suite rooms and pool villas, private billiard rooms and spacious suites. Luxuriously appointed yet casual and welcoming, this is a boutique accommodation suited for individuals, couples, or small families in search of a personalized country retreat in Kerala for a weekend getaway.
5 star packageRs. 16500Starting price, per person
This rate shown is valid till April30,2013. Package rates will vary depending on your travel dates.
- Highlights & Attractions
Highlights & Attractions
What We Love
- Our first and lasting impression about Aanavilasam is the attention to detail and beauty in each room.
- View from the balcony in the spacious suite rooms which are part of the main house.
- The walk through the jungle style wooden walkway to the two Pool rooms are a minute’s walk away.
- We loved homemade bread at breakfast, masala chai and banana fritters and Kerala cuisine.
What to Know
- Anavilasam literally translates into local language Malayalam as abode of elephants.
- Anavilasam is set in a 7 acre spice plantation near Periyar Tiger reserve in Thekkady .
- Salim Pushpanath, a well-known photographer found this place while researching his book on Indian spices. Initially meant for his own use, he decided to share it with travellers who would appreciate the peace and calm.
- There are four suite rooms and two pool rooms in Anavilasam Luxury Plantation House Thekkady which is in the middle of on 7 acres of private estate.
- This retreat is managed by Pirkko and her husband, John who came to Kerala on a holiday but ended up as long term residents.
- The package comes with a plantation visit , bird watching and cooking classes for 1 local dish.
- Day by Day Itinerary
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival Cochin – Thekkady
Our representative will receive you at airport / railway station with a placard in your name and will hand over the original copy of travel vouchers and detail travel plan. We will pick you up from Cochin Airport / Ernakulam railway station and drive to Thekkady (05 Hrs drive). On arrival at Thekkady check into Hotel and relax for the rest of the day. Overnight stay at the resort in pool villa.
Day 02: Thekkady Sightseeing
Meals:Breakfast and Dinner
After breakfast proceed for the sightseeing tour of Thekkady – one of the world’s most fascinating wild life reserves. The Periyar wild life sanctuary in Thekkady is spread across 777 sq km of which 360 sq km is thick ever green forest. Noted for its geomorphology, diversity of wild life and scenic beauty, the sanctuary was declared a Tiger Reserve in 1978. Optional activities like Boating at Periyar Lake, Spice Plantation visit and Elephant Ride can be done at an extra cost. Overnight stay at the resort in pool villa.
Day 03: Kochi Sightseeing and drop back to airport
Enjoy the early morning at your leisure and checkout of the luxury homestay after breakfast. We will pick you up after a wonderful time of relaxation in Anavilasam Luxury Plantation House in Thekkady in Kerala for your return journey. Shopping on the way. Visit the spectacular area of Marine Drive, Chinese Fishing Nets, Bolghatty Island, Willington Island and Kochi Harbour if your time permits. Departure in the evening.We will drop you back for the departure flight back home from Trivandrum/ Kochi for your trip back home, feeling contended about a wonderful honeymoon you spent at God’s Own Country like so many of our guests.
- Accommodation in Suite Rooms in luxury plantation home stay in Thekkady
- 02 nights Stay in the anavilasam luxury homestay in Thekkady with Breakfast and Dinner
- Plantation visit to the plantation and neighboring village
- Transfers and sightseeing by Air – Conditioned Indica at disposal includes driver bata, toll, parking, driver’ night halt, fuel charges, interstate permit if necessary.
- More Details
- The above rates are valid for the given dates only. Rates may vary depending upon your travel dates.
- All taxes, entrance fees, airfare etc if included are as on date. Any future hike will be charged extra.
- Check in / Checkout time with the hotels are 1200 noon and overnight Houseboat (if provided with itinerary) is 1200 noon check in and 0900 hrs next day check out.
- The above is only an offer and not confirmation of your bookings. We shall proceed with your booking once we block all the package inclusions including hotels, houseboat and any other promises made to you.
- If we are not able to get the original hotels, shall provide equivalent/ alternative hotels and inform you before you make any payment to us.
- Our representative will receive you at airport / railway station/ on the way to your destination with a placard bearing your name and will hand over the original copy of travel vouchers and explain the detailed travel plan.
- You don’t need to print your hotel vouchers or confirmations, we will provide you the hard copy of the same on arrival when we meet you face to face.
- When you come out of the airport arrival terminal , look for a placard bearing your name. One of Us will be there to receive you.
- We will SMS/ mail you the details of the driver assigned to you 24 hours before your arrival at your phone no/ email ID.
- We will be in touch with you throughout the tour and if you need any help you can always contact us 24 X 7 at our customer care number provided to you on arrival.
- If there are any special instructions about your food or about any facilities for the children, please let us know in advance so that we can strive to arrange for the same.